Controlling the flow of backwash water in filtration equipments
In filtration equipments, the primary pump controls the flow of service water. But during the backwash phase, as there is no back-pressure, the backwash water flow is not controlled by the primary pump. The challenge is to control the quantity of backwash water and to provide a consistent flow within the clogged filtration equipments. The filters are rinsed with water only. This backwashing process relies upon return water at a pre-determined flow rate. The backwash flow rate needs to be constant in order to prevent damaging the filters and wasting water.
BT-Maric Flow Control valves, type threaded valves, are fitted to ensure that a pre-set constant flow rate is maintained regardless of pressure variations (due to less and less clogged filters during the backwash cycle).
The benefits of using BT-Maric Constant flow valves are:
- simple to install, reliable, economical and tamperproof.
- BT-Maric constant flow valves are a cost-efficient solution as they do not need to be serviced.
- BT-Maric constant flow valves have long life expectancy (up to 20 years).
- BT-Maric constant flow valves ensure a constant flow rate in the backwash water system despite its pressure variation.
- BT-Maric constant flow valves save water: the most important natural resource on earth!
How do you control your backwash water flow rate in filtration equipment today?
Have you got any problem in regulating your water flow rate in your filtration equipment?
Do not hesitate to contact us for any queries. We will be more than happy to provide you with either a standard or customized solution.